CSCS Health And Safety And Environmental Awareness
This training course has been developed to help you understand how to work on a construction site safely and confidently.
The amount of instruction you will require will depend largely upon your previous experience and sessions will be adapted to meet your needs. Course duration will depend on experience and will be from one to four days.
The training course will consist of theory and practical sessions.
Course sessions include:
• Law, Regulation and the Health and Safety Executive
• Risks, Prevention and Control
• Accidents, Ill-Health and Near Misses – Cause and Consequence
• Welfare and First Aid
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Manual Handling Operations
• Provision and Use of Work Equipment
• Working in Specific/Specialised Working Environments
• Environmental Awareness
• Theory Assessment.
Courses for Operatives/Labourer’s
(Fiss/cscs renewals Green or Blue card) Maximum 12 candidates
Closed Course = £TBC+ certificate fee or Open Course £130.00+vat per candidate
Level 1 Diploma Health And Safety In A Construction Environment
Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment qualification is designed for individuals who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of health and safety in a construction, enabling them to work effectively and efficiently in the workplace.
This qualification has been developed to give you the opportunity to develop your knowledge of the employee’s and employer’s health and safety responsibilities and site safety awareness in the construction and fencing industries.
This qualification aims to assess your knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
• Principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
• Importance to safe manual handling in the workplace
• Importance of working safely at height in the workplace
• Risks to health within a construction environment
• Importance of working around plant and equipment safely.
The assessment will consist of a multiple-choice question paper, which is internally assessed and externally verifed.
This qualification will allow you to apply for a CSCS card in order to gain access to a construction site to undertake construction activities.
Construction (pre-requisite for new applications of a Green CSCS card),
1 day, Maximum of 12 candidates.
Closed Course =£TBC+ certificate fee or Open Course £130.00+vat per candidate